SINGAPORE CYCLE SAFE AMBASSADOR COURSE (LEVEL 1 & 2)
- The Singapore Cycling Federation (SCF) invites all cyclists and cycling enthusiasts to participate in the Singapore Cycle Safe Ambassador Course (a one day course from 9am to 4pm). This course is supported by the People’s Association’s Community Sports Club and interested participants are not required to pay a course fee.
- A total of eight (8) course dates have been scheduled and these would be as follows,
|13 Nov *||7 Jan|
|20 Nov *||14 Jan|
|26 Nov||11 Feb|
|3 Dec||18 Feb|
*Note: training venue is confirmed at Sembawang Community Club on 13 and 20 Nov 2016
The Level 1 & 2 Ambassador course will include theory and practical elements focusing on the following topics:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment and Management (i.e. Cycling equipment, Cyclists, Cycling Environment, Cycling activity)
- How to make a presentation on safe cycling
- Understanding the safe cycling components necessary for cycling within the Park Connector Networks
- If you are a cycling enthusiast, community sports leader, teacher or parent, you will find this course highly relevant. By the end of the day-long course, you would have picked up safe cycling skills and knowledge which you can either apply or actively advocate to your family, neighbours, students or cycling ‘kakis.’
- On successfully completing the one-day course, you will, as a SAFE CYCLE AMBASSADOR, be able to promote safe cycling awareness to the public in your neighbourhood and surrounding park connector network and at events organised by the People’s Association and the SCF.
- We will be able to accommodate a maximum of 25 participants per course date and this will strictly be on a first-come-first served basis. On a related matter, while we will be able to loan you a bicycle and helmet for use during the course, please remember to be appropriately attired in sports gear and covered sports shoes.
- If you are keen to sign up for this course, please provide us with your:
- full name
- contact number and email address
- preferred course date
either via email to email@example.com or call 67846621 or private message at https://www.facebook.com/singaporecyclingfederation/.
This course is supported by