The BMX track at the TBP will be open to riders from Tuesday 1st February 2011
Track use will be FREE at least till 31st March 2011.
In order to use the track the rider needs to be ‘Certified’ as suitable to use the track.
The Singapore Sports Council (SSC) and the Singapore Amateur Cycling Association (SACA) have arranged for qualified ‘Certifiers’ to conduct these tests on Saturday 29th January and Sunday 30th January. The BMX track will be open only for the conduct of these tests on those two days.
The fee for the test is $ 30 (non refundable)
Candidates will need to attend a presentation covering:
* An introduction to the Tampines Bike Park (TBP)
* An introduction to the sport of BMX
* A Video on Good and Bad BMX riding
* Rules and Regulations on the track
* Safety aspects of Riding on the BMX Track
* Proper Rider protection gear and Helmet fitting.
There will be a short Theory Test covering the above.
Candidates will then undertake a practical test covering:
* Bike and Helmet fitting
* Riding ability and Safe Riding
Candidates who do not pass the test can apply to be retested after a minimum of two weeks. A new Test fee will need to be paid for the retest.
Registration: Tampines Bike Park (Tues-Sun: 8am to 6pm)
Application form: PDF | Excel Spreadsheet