The Singapore Cycling Federation
The Singapore Cycling Federation (SCF) was established in 1958 and is registered with the Registry of Societies. It is recognized by Sport Singapore (Singapore Sports Council) as the national governing body for the promotion and development of the sport of cycling (BikeTrial, BMX, MTB, Road and Track) in Singapore, and is affiliated to the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC), the Asean Cycling Association (ACA), the Asian Cycling Confederation (ACC) and Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI). The SCF is also a Charity and an Institution of Public Character (IPC).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Singapore Cycling Federation (SCF) is the national federation for cycling recognized by the world body Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and its affiliated Asian Cycling Confederation (ACC). Among other things, SCF is responsible for the licensing of competitive cyclists, sanctioning of local cycling events, and to ensure compliance with UCI international regulations in competitions world-wide, involving Singapore-registered cyclists and Singapore-registered teams. SCF represents the interests of five main cycling disciplines of Road (including Time Trial), Track, Mountain Bike (MTB), BikeTrial and BMX racing.
SCF’s primary mandate for the 5 years between 2016 and 2020 are to:
- Expand focus and address concerns of the general cycling population
- Develop and manage outreach channels – i.e. build sustainable partnerships, enhance outreach through social media platforms, SCF’s corporate website and membership
- Contribute towards a safe cycling culture
- Organise local competitions, leisure and community cycling events to promote broad-based participation
- Inspire the Singapore spirit through competitive / high performance cycling initiatives and representation at the four Major Games, regional and international competitions
- Provide opportunities for competency and capability development for the cycling community